Title - Lucky I didn't buy you one of those Keep Calm and Carry On cards
One of these is unhelpful things is telling a loved one experiencing anxiety to ‘keep calm’ or ‘calm down’. This is pretty much on par with suggesting to someone with hay fever to ‘stop sneezing’. Or someone having an asthma attack to ‘breathe all this air’. The debilitating problem with anxiety and panic disorders is that you simply can’t calm down. Finding the ability to relax - particularly on command - isn’t easy for most of us, and it’s certainly much more difficult when we are experiencing the paralysis of anxiety. Anxiety and panic disorders can cause ceaseless feelings of fear and uncertainty. And no one chooses to feel these paralysing levels of anxiety. If we could control anxiety, we would have already. And no doubt, we have probably done everything we possibly could have already to try.
Appropriate to send to: A loved one experiencing an anxiety disorder.
- Inside blank
- A6 size when folded (105 x 148mm)
- Printed in Bangalow, NSW onto 280gsm brilliant white matte stock
- Comes with matching C6 brilliant white envelope
- Accompanied by a brochure for the sender detailing evidence-based information on anxiety disorders and suggestions as to how best support someone experiencing mental health issues.
- A $1 donation from the sale of this card will be made to the Black Dog Institute to support the important research, clinical services and education programs undertaken by this mental health organisation.