About our Cards
Each of these greeting cards for mental illness has been created by a registered psychologist who has both professional experience working with individuals experiencing mental health conditions and personal experience dealing with a psychiatric disorder. As a result, each card created is supportive, appropriate and aims to inspire hope and encourage recovery from a mental illness.
- Cards are tailored to specific diagnoses and conditions (e.g., depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and perinatal anxiety and depression). A more general line of cards also exists which would be appropriate for use across all psychiatric conditions.
- Each card is accompanied with evidence-based information on mental illness and the particular diagnosis as well as suggestions as to how best support someone experiencing mental health issues.
- A $1 donation from the sale of each card from the depression, anxiety, bipolar and general ranges, will be made to the Black Dog Institute to support the important research, clinical services and education programs undertaken by this mental health organisation.
- A $1 donation from the sale of each card from the perinatal depression and anxiety range will be made to Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia (PANDA). PANDA provides a vital service across Australia by offering the only specialist national perinatal mental health telephone counselling service, as well as reducing stigma around perinatal anxiety and depression, and providing education services to health professionals and the wider community.
- Every card enables the donor to learn more about mental illness, and to show a loved one they care and can support them through their recovery in a non-judgmental, empathic and hopeful way.