Title - You might not feel like it right now - but I believe you're a super hero!
Here at Hope Street Cards we believe that anyone who experiences a mental health issue is a full-blown super hero. There's a lot of power in people who are recovering from a mental health issue. And it’s not that hard to see where the power come from. The herculean internal strength that those with a lived experience of mental illness need to overcome the signs and symptoms that are associated with poor mental health.
Just quietly, we reckon the superhero might be a pretty alright metaphor for people who may be experiencing mental health issues. As a person with a lived experience, it often felt like I would spend sleepless nights engaged in constant battles with my own personal villains to get up in the morning and try and face the day as a “functional” person. At the time, it was probably considered more of a mask, but considering what I was up against I just of easily could have visualised it as a cape.
Appropriate to send to: A loved one who is experiencing a mental health issue.
- Blank inside.
- A6 size when folded (105 x 148mm)
- Printed in Bangalow, NSW onto 280gsm brilliant white matte stock
- Comes with matching C6 brilliant white envelope
- Accompanied by a brochure for the sender detailing evidence-based information on depressive disorders and suggestions as to how best support someone experiencing mental health issues.
- A $1 donation from the sale of this card will be made to the Black Dog Institute to support the important research, clinical services and education programs undertaken by this mental health organisation.